My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Inspired

Hello Everyone!

The Inspired by Nature stamp set is probably one of my most favorite. I just love the flowers that go with this set. This card is probably one of the most complicated I've ever done. I didn't do anything that was difficult; it just took a lot of steps and time to complete. First I had to sponge in the clouds in the background. Then it took me several attempts to get the grass in the background just right. Finally, I used the stampin' write markers to color in the flowers. The colors I used are chocolate chip, whisper white, old olive, brocade blue and pretty in pink. The butterfly is cut out of perfect plum.

This will probably be my last post for awhile. I head back to work tomorrow after two glorious weeks off for the holidays. My next extended time off will be spring break. I can't really complain, because not many other professions give so much time off. Although, a pay raise would be nice!:) With the economy the way it is, we've seen many budget cuts in my school district, so a raise will definitely be out of the question for a while. To be honest, I didn't become a teacher because I would get rich at it. I did it because it is my other passion next to stamping. I will see what I can do regarding a new post on my next three-day week- end, but no promises.

As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy what you see here.

Josie

P.S. Happy New Year too!

No comments: