My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Piece of Cake!!!

Well, we didn't get a snow day yesterday or a two-hour delay!  Pretty much every other school district in the city had one...not us!  The roads were snow packed and in some spots icy.  Thank heavens for 4-wheel drive even if it doesn't do any good on ice...it still makes me feel better.  Can't get over the number of people that still passed me because I was going too slow.  CRAZY!  Sure is cold here now.  Bitter cold with the wind chill below zero...brrrrrrr.  It is finally time to get out the long undies.  :)

Enough of that!  I sure wish I had this pattern a year ago when my daughter got married.  Can you imagine an entire layered cake made out of paper?  I would have loved making something like this only in her colors as wedding favors.  I got this pattern from Paper Crafts Magazine.  You can go to their website at http://www.papercraftsmag.com/ and download the pattern for free. 

This is what I used for this looks almost-good-enough-to-eat piece of cake:

STAMP SET:       Baby Blossoms  #121927 (wood) $27.95 or #122000 (clear) $19.95
                             Build a Blossom #121923 (wood) $25.95 or #121994 (clear) $18.95

INK:  Rose Red # 101778 & Always Artichoke  #105219 Classic Stampin' Pads $5.95 each.

PAPER:  Very Vanilla card stock #101650 40 sheets 8 1/2 x 11  $8.50 for the top and Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper  #121782 $9.95 for the Bottom

ACCESSORIES:  Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding #121884, $6.95, Birds & Blooms Sizzlets 4 pack die #113485 $21.95 for the flowers, and Beautiful Wings Embossilits Die #118138 $11.95 for the butterflies.  Basic Pearls #119247 $4.95 for the center of the flower.

Hope you like this as much as I do.  I really loved making it and I can't get enough of the Springtime Vintage dsp.

Until next time...
Happy Stamping!
Josie

No comments: