My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November Birthday Card

Well let me tell you...I logged into Facebook tonight and was reminded that it was my son-in-law's birthday today.  I am so not good at remembering things like that.  But, after setting our turkey out to defrost for tomorrow's dinner, I ran up to my stamp room to make him a card.  You would think that I wouldn't need too because I have so many already done, but I needed something masculine.  I don't have too many masculine stamp sets or DSP for that matter, so I thought I was in a pickle.  But this is what I came up with.  I think I did pretty well for a last minute thing.



Actually, I surprised myself.  I thought I was pretty slick when I decided the Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper in the Holiday Mini would be perfect for a man's birthday card.   (Item 124001--$10.95).  I paired that with my Create a Cupcake stamp set and it turned out pretty well.  (Item 121982--$16.95).

I used a Basic Black card base and cut it so I would have a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card.  The large orange piece of DSP was cut into a 5 x 4 inch piece.  Then I selected another piece to run across the bottom.  It is 1 by 4 1/4 inches.  The third piece of DSP is 1 by 5 1/2 inches and I adhered that piece last. 

The cupcake is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock in Peach Parfait and Basic Black.  It was punched with the coordinating punch.  The bottom of the cupcake is adhered to a piece of 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 Very Vanilla, and the top is popped up with a dimensional.  It turned out exactly like I wanted and that was not girlie.  :)  I adhered a piece of Very Vanilla to the inside of the card so we could write our birthday wishes.  I think he will like it.  He is a pretty reasonable guy!  :)

Well, it is off to bed for me.  I have to get up early to stuff the turkey and get it into the oven.  My husband and I are hosting 12 people for dinner.  Of course, between the two of us we have 4 children (2 apiece) and they will each be bringing their significant others.  The only person that will be missing is my daughter.  She is on a trip of a lifetime.  She went to Thailand about a week ago and won't be back until the 5th of December.  Her husband will be here.  I said he was reasonable.  My daughter is just like I was when I was in my twenties about a million years ago.  She's got  the wanderlust and  likes to see and experience new things.  The trip to Thailand is a story that I will save for my next post.

Until then, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Stamping!

Josie



No comments: