My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Blank Card

Happy Easter!

It has been a week since I've been back in school after going off spring break and since my last post.  We have only 7 more weeks of school, but...who's counting?  I am! :)  The kids already think they are on summer vacation so it was a hard time keeping them focused this week.  Thinks are only going to get worse.  :(


I wasn't sure what title I should give this post, so I've called it Blank Cards since there is no sentiment on the front.  I've cased this from the Occasions Mini Catalog page 15.  I really like the way it turned out.  Maybe I will use it for this coming Mother's Day.  Now that's a thought.  The colors of card stock that I used are old olive, very vanilla, baja breeze, blushing bride, and sot suede.  The ink is early espresso for the image and soft suede was used for sponging.  The stamp set is one of my favorites from the Occasions Mini; Rue Des Fleurs.  Oh, and the background oval was cut out using a window sheet and the ovals die in the IBC.  I also used the stripes and designer frames embossing folders, also found in the IBC.  The flowers and leaves were punched using the Bird Builder and Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.  And pearls....lots of pearls!  I think this card is so pretty and vintage-y looking.  I hope you like it.


This is a short post again today.  I still need to do a few things to get ready for Easter dinner tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter!


Until next time...


Happy Stamping!


Josie

 P. S. I forgot to mention, the banner is from Take it to Heart stamp set, also in the Occasions Mini.  I simply shortened it by cutting it in half and overlapping the two cut ends and using snail adhesive to hold it together.






1 comment:

stampwithsandy said...

Just lovely! I like the border of pearls around the frame.