My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friendship Card & One Convention Photo



Here is a photo of me sitting at one of the reserved demonstrator tables at Stampin' Up!'s home office in Riverton. I felt special because I've never been any where and found a reserved table for me! Stampin' Up! really treats its demonstrators like members of the family. Of all the direct sales companies I've ever worked for, I've never had one make me feel like I really matter, until I found Stampin' Up! It is nice to know that they aren't only concerned with what I can do for them. They are genuinely concerned with what they can do for me as a demonstrator too.
The other photo is of a card I made with the Wings of Friendship hostess set from Stampin' Up! I love this stamp set because there are so many things you can do with it. You can cut out the flowers and bird wing and pop them up, add glitter, or even color the bird, flowers and flourish different colors with the stampin' write markers for a totally different effect. Here I went totally monochromatic using the tone on tone technique. I used tempting turquoise and very vanilla paper and ink, along with a piece of very vanilla taffeta ribbon. I added a little dazzling diamonds glitter here and there and...voila! A beautiful card for my best friend.
I really like the tone on tone technique. It takes little thought and I think it looks so elegant. You know the old saying, less is more, and the older I get the more I believe that.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time...
Josie

No comments: