My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back from Convention

I arrived back from convention Sunday evening after a week of fun and excitement in Salt Lake City, UT. This was my first Stampin Up! convention and definitely not my last! I've only been home a little over 24 hours and I have already marked next year's convention on my calendar.

Convention was a fun-filled learning experience where I forged new friendships that I know will last forever. I hardly knew the two ladies I traveled with at the start of our nine hour road trip from Colorado Springs, but by the end I felt like I'd known them forever. I also met and became friends with my 3rd room mate who is originally from Iceland but now lives in Hawaii.

Convention started with an early wake up on Wednesday so we could all get over to the convention center for the opening of Memento Mall. We waited in line for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours but once inside we learned it was definitely worth the wait. Later Wednesday afternoon we visited Stampin Up!'s Riverton campus for a self guided tour of the facility. Everyone was very kind and welcoming. On the way back to SLC we made a side trip to IKEA. I'd been to IKEA before when I was stationed in Germany in the 80's but hadn't been to one since. It brought back excellent memories and...great prices! Got a lot of nice organizational items for my stamping office.

Thursday morning started with another early wake up so we would get good seats for the Opening General Session of the convention. The excitement continued to escalate until the doors for the first general session finally opened at 7:45 a.m. to 3,000 pumped up women. As we made our way to our seats, music continued to play until Shelli Gardner made her first appearance on stage at 8:30. There was dancing in the aisles and much singing and laughter as we awaited her arrival. It was hard not to get caught up in all of the excitement
Friday and Saturday was much of the same and I was sad to see convention end on Saturday afternoon.

I got home about 6:00 p.m on Sunday evening and spent yesterday unpacking, catching up on laundry, working on my stamping business and getting some much needed sleep.

I've posted photos of the long line for Memento Mall. I'll post more photos as the week progresses.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: