My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

This little Altoids tin...


This little Altoids tin was supposed to be my business card holder once I got it finished, but guess what? The business cards are a hair too long for it. Talk about the best laid plans...and I thought I'd be saving myself some money by not buying an expensive holder. It is just like me to not think things all the way through. So I had to quickly decide what I could do with this once I learned my cards wouldn't fit in it. It would make a cute little paper clip holder for my desk, don't you think?
It was so easy to do. I traced the top and bottom of the box on DSP and cut them out. I used sticky strip to adhere them to the tin. Then I cut a half inch strip to go around the bottom of the box, just below the hinges in the back. I again used stick strip to adhere this. I sanded the edges on the bottom with a sander. Then I used sticky strip to adhere the ribbon around the edges of the top. I cut out flowers from the dsp and stuck them on using dimensionals, added a pearl to the top one and used card stock for the leaves. I used the Tea Party dsp, almost amethyst card stock, rose 1/4" ribbon, dimensionals, sticky strip, and a pearl from the Petty's Kit. It will make a nice desk top accessory.
I still need a card holder for my business cards! I guess I'll have to get one of those expensive ones...darn. :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Josie

No comments: