My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beyond the Garden

Hello Everyone!

You would never know it is May 14th here in Colorado Springs.  The weather today is downright yucky!  It was cloudy all day, and now it is raining.  The rain is good since we had such a dry winter.  But it is May 14th and a little warmer than the 50's would be really nice.  I am sick of the cold.  On Mother's Day weekend, we had temps in the 80's and it got progressively colder as the week passed.

Today, my hubby and I went out to buy flowers for the flower beds, but it is too cold to go out and plant them.  It is supposed to clear up sometime tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I will be able to get out there and get them in then.  We have such a short growing season in Colorado.  The rule of thumb is to not plant anything before Mother's Day because there is always the chance of frost.  Well, it got pretty close the other night.  It went down to 34 and we had to cover our potted azalea plant that I put out last Sunday.  It seems to be none the worse for wear.

Just wanted to share a card that we made at a workshop I had last Saturday.  We used a lot of new product from the Summer Mini on this simple little card.  I think it is perfect for summer and your best friend, just to let  her (or him :) know you are thinking about her.

Here is what we used.  Whisper White card stock for the base.  The blue scalloped border is Pacific Point card stock and the DSP is Beyond the Garden (#122342).   I also ran the card base through the Big Shot using the Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#123112).  For only $7.95, I think these embossing folders are really neat.  Heck, they are so reasonably priced you could order one of each...they just add so much to a card.  And they sure to beat the old fashioned way of embossing a design on a card!  The stamp set I used to create the flowers is in the Summer Mini as well.  It is Fabulous Florets (#123027-clear/#123025-wood).  I stamped them in coordinating ink that goes with the DSP: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango.  The bird is cut using the Two-step Bird Punch (#117191) out of Pacific Point.  And finally, the sentiment is from one of my all time favorite stamp sets, Season of Friendship (#111776-$23.95) found in the big IBC. 

This is a super easy card to make and I hope you like it.  Until next time...

Happy Stamping~

Josie

No comments: