My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

It has been so long since I last posted and and I am truly sorry for that.  My family and I spent the week between Christmas and New Year in Ohio with family, and shortly after we got back I had to return to work.  So I am way behind on my stamping and posting.  That isn't my only excuse though!  :)  Work keeps me pretty busy too.  I am teaching a new grade this year, 8th Language Arts. And, although the basic concepts are pretty much the same as 7th, I am still learning a new curriculum and creating new lesson plans for things.  I was fortunate in that I got all of my work done early this weekend, and got the chance to play in my stamp room today.

This is a calendar for 2012 that I created with the help of Andrea Walford's Paper Crafters Library.  The basic pattern and calendar was designed by her.  I just added my own touch.  This one is for me!  How many times do we stamp a beautiful thing and we give it to someone else?  I decided this would be mine...ALL MINE!   :)  I made a similar one for a friend of mine as an early birthday gift.  Her birthday is the day after mine next month, but I thought she should have it early before the month of January is over.

I used 12 x 12 Crumb Cake card stock for the calendar base, along with Naturals Patterend DSP and First Edition Specialty DSP.  The First Edition Specialty DSP was also used to make the flower along with one scallop circle cut out of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  An Antique Brad is in the center of the flower.  The button is from the Regals buttons in Cherry Cobbler.  Other things I used were Linen Thread and Victoria 5/8 inch Crochet Trim and 1/2 inch seam binding in Crumb Cake. The black lace and eyelet are both retired.  The cut out chipboard shapes are from On Board Merry Medley.  Finally, the numbers were cut out using my Big Shot and the medium sizzlits dies called Timeless Junior Alphabet.  All of these items can be found in the current IBC or you can find them in my online store. 

Well, I need to iron my clothes for work tomorrow.  I know, who irons?  I usually don't but I forgot to get the pants and shirt I want to wear out of the dryer before the got too wrinkled. :(

Until next time...

Happy Stamping!

Josie

No comments: