My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Simply Sent Valentine

Whew!  The end of another busy work week.  Even though I had Monday off, it seems like this week was 6 days long instead of 4.  Shortened weeks get the kids out of sorts and sometimes they can be worse than a 5 day week.  All I can say is TGIF!  Unfortunately, the weekend is only 2 days. :(

The month of January is almost over and I thought I'd get a jump on my Valentine Cards.  This is a simple one, and one I think I will do at this month's club.  It is easy to prep for.  I used the second of the two designs that come in the Designer Cuts Cards and Envelopes Set (125414) in the Occasions Mini.  I love these cards.  All of the work is practically done for you.  I added a rosette that I made using a 1/2" x 12" strip of News Print Specialty dsp (121878).  If you aren't sure how to make these flowers, the March issue of Card Maker Magazine has an excellent tutorial.  I scored my strip of dsp every 1/4 inch and adhered it to the Blushing Bride punched out circle using a glue gun.  I also adhered a piece of Blushing Bride card stock to the inside of the card so that you could see it through the pre-cut heart.  I bannered two 1/2" wide strips of the News Print Specialty dsp and adhered them to the underside of the rosette using a glue dot.  The entire thing is attached to the card using a dimensional.  The sentiment comes from P.S. I Love You stamp set also in the Occasions Mini (125460/wood or 125462/clear).

Hope you like it!  Until next time...

Happy Stamping!

Josie

No comments: