My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hearts a Flutter Valentine

It has been a while, hasn't it?  The last few months have been crazy hectic and I found little time to be in my stamp room.  It started at the beginning of November when my  25-year-old son went into the hospital for brain surgery.  Yes, that's right brain surgery. It seemed like science fiction.    He developed epilepsy about 5 years ago and since the millions of medications he had been on never seemed to work, surgery was the next step.  He was in the hospital in Denver for about 10 days where they did a temporal lobectomy.  It was rough going for him right after the surgery, but things managed to turn out okay for him.  He has made a speedy recovery and has been seizure free since.  He is back to to swimming, with supervision of course.  He always loved swimming along with scuba diving, but had to give it up about 5 years ago when his seizures started.  He also had to give up driving at the ripe old age of 20, but has been reassured by his doctors that if he remains seizure free for 6 months after the surgery, he will again be able to drive.  He said this morning that he is reminded often of the time before he started driving when he was sixteen, and he is once again counting down the days, weeks, months, until he could drive. 
 
My mother was also here for about 6 weeks during my son's recovery to help out with him and other things once I went back to work.  Then there was Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year and back to work after the holiday break.  I am gradually getting back to normal where I can spend a little time each week in my stamp room.  I know I have been neglectful of my blog along with many other things.  One of my new year resolutions is to be a little more consistent with my stamping and posting.
 
Soon it will be Valentine's Day, or as some would say, "Single's Awareness Day".  :)  I wanted some special cards for the special people in my life and the debut of the new Spring Catalog gave me some of the inspiration.  You can get most of the supplies I used on this card in that catalog.    I had fun making it as I thought of the love of my life while I made this.  Hope you like it too.
 
Here's what I used.

From the Spring Catalog:
  • Hearts a Flutter Bunele (131097/Clear Mount/$36.95 or 131098/Wood Mount/$42.95)
  • Artisan Embellishments Kit (129328)  $9.95
  • More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper (129309)  $12.95
(I love the fact that Stampin' Up! is now bundleing their stamp sets with their Framelits Dies.  It makes so much sense to buy this way because it is sooooo much less expensive.)

From the Annual Catalog:
  • First Edition Specialty Designers Series Paper (121878/$12.95)
  • Pool Party C/S (122924/$6.95)
  • Real Red C/S (102482/$6.95)
  • Delicate Designes Folders (127023/$8.95)
  • Linnen Thread  (104199/$4.50)
  • Pool Party Ribbon from Sale-A-Bration  (Free w/ $50.00 order!)
Until next week...

Happy Stamping!

Josie

 

No comments: