My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feeling Sentimental

I just love, love, love this stamp set, Feeling Sentimental #129627(w)/#129630(c), that you can get in the current Sale-a-bration catalog! I decided I had to have it when I first laid eyes on it.  All three of the images from this stamp set remind me a little of  my grandparents.  I've always loved vintage style things and made myself a promise years ago that I would only have antique furniture in my home one day.  Well, I haven't been able to convert all of my furnishings to antiques, but I've got a good start.  My living room is 1947 style couch and chairs that used to belong to my grandparents...recovered of course.  Also in the living room I have 1940's style end tables and an antique Singer Sewing Machine with the metal petal that I used to watch my grandmother push when I was a kid.  My kitchen table is also from them, still in perfect condition and from the same era.  I sure do miss Grandma and Grandpa at times.  I have a lot of happy memories of them.  :)

I stamped this image using black Staz On ink onto a 2" wide piece of vellum.  I layered it with a piece of First Edition Specialty  dsp of the same size.  I did not heat emboss this image, but it would look awesome if you would stamp it in Versa Mark and use black embossing powder on it.  The sentiment is also stamped in black Staz On.

Here's a list of everything I used:

  • Crumb Cake Card Stock   #120953 -- $6.95
  • Core'dinations Card Stock (Pool Party)   #129321 -- $6.95
  • Stampin' Sanding System sanding block   #129367 -- $2.95
  • Stampin' Standing System sanding block refills   #129368 -- $1.95
  • First Edition Specialty DSP   #121878 -- $12.95
  • Very Vanilla Card Stock   #101650 -- $8.50
  • 5/8" Flower Trim   #126869 -- $6.95
  • Cute Clips--Hung Up   #129389 -- $4.95
  • Jet Black Staz On Ink Pad   #101406 -- $7.95
  • White Vellum Card Stock   #101856 -- $6.50
  • Pool Party Classic Ink Pad (on the flower)   #126982 -- $5.95
  • Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder   #129378 -- $7.95
I think that is everything.  Most items can be found in the new Spring Catalog.  The stamp set as I mentioned in the first sentence is a FREE set in Sale-a-bration along with the Pool Party ribbon that I used on the card.  For every $50.00 in product you purchase from now until March 22, you earn one free item from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Both the Spring and Sale-a-bration catalogs can be downloaded by clicking on the photos on the right.  Or you could just use this list and click here to go to my online store.  Once there, click on the shop now button at the top right.

 Hope you enjoyed your visit.  Until next time...

Happy Stamping!

Josie

No comments: