My photo
I have two children. My daughter Jennifer is 27 and my son Christopher is 25. And two step-sons, Trevor and Adam ages 24 and 26 along with their beautiful wives Emily and Julie and their babies, Noah and Madisyn. I also have I've been married for 12 years to my husband Gary. I'm a full time Junior High Language Arts teacher and stamping is one of my passions. All products I use are from Stampin' Up! Be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! website to view my calendar of events by clicking on the link to the right!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love You Much Valentine

 Today I am posting photos of two items I will be making with some students this Tuesday evening after school. 

For the past few weeks I've been holding an after school stamping crafts club for the kids where I work.  The first week we made cloth flower hair pins with the Big Shot and Flower Folds die.  The girls (we had a few boys show up too!) loved them.  I had 22 girls show up for the class!  I think I cranked my Big Shot for at least an hour and a half!

The second week we met, we made washer necklaces for the girls to wear and stamped magnets for their lockers. (I'll post photos when I get a chance.) Again, we had approx. 22 attend, and again, we had a few boys show.  It was a lot of fun. 

Well, since Valentine's Day is almost  here, this Tuesday we will be making valentines!  The first photo is of 3 x 3 card that we will make using the Love You Much stamp set (#113756, $25.95).  The card stock we will be using is Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and Real Red.  I used white craft ink to stamp the background image and basic black for the birds.  I also used the Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882, $15.95), 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854, $116.95), 1 1/4 Circle Punch (#119861, $15.95) and the Heart to Heart Punch (#119881, $16.95).

The second item we will be making is a little treat bag that contains those conversation hearts that I absolutely love to eat.  I think I ate a whole bag of them by myself this week.  :( 
This was really easy to make too!  I used the same colors of card stock and ink as for the card and some of the same punches, only this scalloped circle is from the 2 3/8" Scallop circle punch (#118874, $16.95), and the large pink heart was made using the Full Heart Punch (#119883, $16.95).  I used the Modern Label Punch (#119849, $16.95) for the sentiment.  The sentiment comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (#115370, $36.95).  Teeny Tiny Wishes is a definite MUST HAVE stamp set for everyone because it covers every occasion you can think of.  Oh, and I forgot to mention, I stamped the heart with Pink Pirouette ink using the heart from the Hostess Level 1 set Punch Potpourri that is in the IBC.

The measurements on the crumb cake card stock are 3 1/4" x 9 1/2".  With your 9 1/2" side of the card stock along the top of your Fiskars trimmer, score your card stock at 1", 4", and 4 1/2".  I used the small cello bags that are in the IBC (#103104, $3.95).  These little bags measure 3" by 5" and you get 50, count em' 50 for only $3.95!  Think of how many treat bags you can make for that!  Why...you can make... 50!  :)  The cello bag is held inside the card stock with one staple I placed in the top center. 

When I gave the kids at school a sneak peak of these little beauties, they squealed with delight, and I hope you do too. If you need help placing an order, just send me an email and I will be delighted to give you a hand.  Otherwise, just click on the link to the right under "Place and Order."

Until next time, I wish you nothing but...
Happy Stamping! (How could it be anything else?)

Josie

No comments: